Sarasota Oral and Implant Surgery
COVID-19 Message to Our Patients
To our wonderful patients, friends, and colleagues,
We hope that you have been safe and healthy, and adapting well to this unique environment. It does not have to be said the extent that this pandemic has challenged our sense of normalcy. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our daily routines. While many things have changed, our commitment to patient safety and infection control has remained paramount.
This practice was founded 60 years ago on a commitment to outstanding patient care with a personal touch. From our office design to treatment protocols, from a warm welcome when you arrive to our open door policy for our patients, we have developed a reputation for being open and accessible. The greatest challenge in this COVID-19 environment is the need to now balance this concierge experience with patient safety.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We closely follow these agencies and take immediate actions when indicated to ensure our infection control procedures meet and exceed these recommendations.
To keep our patients and staff safe in this unparalleled time, you may notice the following important changes:
- Our office will communicate with you before your appointment with COVID-19 screening questions
- We are reducing the number of patient exposures by streamlining the consult, treatment, and then post operative experience
- We ask that all patients enter our facility wearing a mask
- Our waiting area will be managed to allow for social distancing which means less available seating and will no longer have periodicals and refreshments
- Hand sanitizers and air purification systems throughout the office
- All staff will be wearing personal protective equipment (but we are still smiling under the masks)
- You and your guests may be asked to remain in your vehicle for portions of your appointment
Lastly, our practice has always strived to provide short wait times to see our doctors. Nothing is more frustrating than sitting for an hour waiting on an appointment. In this continued spirit, we will do our best to schedule you allowing for social distancing. This may mean adjusting your appointment times accordingly. We ask for your patience and support as we do our best to provide the highest level of care safely in this challenging environment. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Dr. Todd Reuter, Dr. Scott Roemer, and the Sarasota Oral & Implant Surgery Team